Have you ever suffered from a TMJ disorder? TMJ disorders refer to temporomandibular joint disorders that arise within your jaw. If a TMJ disorder has arisen, it means that the complex ball and socket joints that facilitate the movements and angles necessary for all of your jaw’s movements have been damaged. Unfortunately, due to the many mechanisms involved with a TMJ, discovering its exact cause of damage can be difficult. Fortunately, numerous treatments exist to put your mouth back on the path to oral health care success, including the following TMJ disorder treatment methods:
– If you are suffering from information, ice packs can be used.
– If you are suffering from pain, heat packs can be used.
– Medications can be used for TMJ disorders.
– Stress relieving treatments including meditation and yoga are highly effective for treating TMJ disorders.
-Calming and relaxing music has been known to help treat TMJ disorders.
– Underlying issues such as bruxism can often be linked to TMJ disorders. Thus, treating bruxism must be done in order to treat your TMJ disorder.
If you are looking to improve your smile with a TMJ treatment or any other procedure at Artistic Dentistry, you are welcome to book an appointment with Dr. Amir Nikraz and our team at our dentist office in San Clemente, California. We can be reached at 949-366-1177. We look forward to your visit.